Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hang Tight

Today's numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 164 Nancy's 2013 Mileage 770 Elly's 2013 Mileage 363.4 Money Found For Food Bank: $18.77 in change, $25 in bills

2012 Found-Money Food Bank Donation: $7.83

As is the case with most weeks, I look ahead to the weekend, and I'm not quite sure how everything I need to accomplish is actually going to happen before the days are behind me. It doesn't help that I cannot seem to keep track of my morning schedule each day until, literally, the night before when someone says, "So, you're doing XYZ tomorrow morning, right?" and I'm all deer-in-the-headlighted, "Umm ...I am?! huh !" *sigh*

Take the craze of normal life, and put on top of it big running goals, and this girl's head goes whiiirrrrrrrrr ...

But. That's okay. It's normal stuff. And, it all gets accomplished because I'm committed to doing so. That's often all it takes: Committment. Those running goals are technically dispensible. But, there's no need for that. No need at all.

So, take that, upside down morning! And, that rain in the forecast that we beat by mere seconds! And, that things I want to get done for Halloween! And (last but not least) that crazy Half Marathon in November goal! Yeah ... I've either gotten or will get it all because I. Said. I. Would.

The only thing that would make the Yikes above Elly's head this morning is if it were actually in a thought bubble ...
"Mommy's in a mood. I'm a bit scared ..."
With an eye on the prize, there are more miles to run tomorrow! Stay focused, and grab tight to your commitment ... that's how it happens! 'See you tomorrow after the last short run before the long one!

No comments:

Post a Comment