Thursday, October 3, 2013

I Choose Progress

I will be the first to admit that I've spent the entire day up to this very minute pushing away the "I don't want to run tomorrow" thoughts. All day. It's just back there nagging at me, and it's totally annoying. It's also totally true, but that's beside the point.

My "beside the point" status didn't just appear, though. It evolved during these last five years. I used to have to fight off the "I don't want to's" with boxing gloves and tears. Anymore, I just know that if a run is on the calendar, then a run will happen no matter my attitude. Therefore, I may as well pick a good mood.

So, without the actual desire to do so, I just mapped out tomorrow's run. It's a 10-miler, so I took the opportunity to find a mostly new route. I've run all of the streets, but they're in a different combo. Any kind of difference counts. I also just this second realized the hill I put right in the middle of the run. Crap. Oh well, I'm officially too lazy to reroute. It's almost impossible to avoid the hills anyway, so why not just leave well enough alone!

Today's theme? You can make excuses, or you can make progress. I choose progress!
I also choose the cupcake medal waiting to be earned, so these miles are for a good cause! I have updates to my medal-earning plans, but I'll share those another day. For now, I'm focused on keeping a postive outlook about tomorrow! I am excited for the new scenery, so that's something to look forward to! I'll check in tomorrow when it's behind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment