Monday, July 29, 2013

Virtual Sparkle Cupcake Race: The After-Party!

What's a race run without some celebration?! There was no exception to that sentiment for this virtual run!! So, today, instead of resting, we check out the rest of the fun!

I routed our run to end about two blocks away from a local cupcake shop! Luck had it that the shop also serves breakfast, so we were good to go on it being open upon our arrival! Whee!! However, before scarfing down a sweet treat, I requested we side step it to a market for some Gatorade. I could just feel the need for something besides water ... but, not yet a cupcake spike!! The market was only a few more blocks away, so Pit Crew #2 and I walked it while the boys drove (refer back to Diet Coke indulgence, and you'll understand the need for speed to the place with a restroom). I also wanted to walk so as to keep moving and not cramp up. See? Always thinking!

That Gatorade was some good stuff:
Ohmygosh I do love orange Gatorade at
those times I want Gatorade!
My real intention was to buy one bottle to share with PC#2 because (a) we were about to get more water, and (b) I'm that cheap and no one was dying. But, then I get to the register, and the conversation went like this:

Clerk: You know, these are two for $3 if you want another.
Me: But, are they $1.50 if you just buy one?
Clerk: Yes.
Me: Then, I'll just take one, thanks.
Clerk: Okay. That'll be $2.38.
Me: So, you're saying they're not $1.50 for just one. (brain: still working after long run)
Clerk: Oh, yeahhh ... 'guess not.

That's when I asked him to ring me up for two and sent PC#2 back to get her own! This turned out to be a good thing. I'm just saying there was no problem finishing both of them. (There was no problem finishing the cupcakes, either. You're about to see.)

Oh, and upon leaving the market, Aaron saw in the donut case a pastry that looked like a brain.
Nice!! Breakfast brain!!
Okay, with replenishing drink in hand, we headed to the cupcake shop!! And, do you know upon entering, I heard a Neil Diamond song coming from their speakers?! Serendipity, Baby!!!!
Choices ... such good choices ...
We totally made it!! My fave is there ... White Wedding. The
others are too rich for me, but outtamyway for one of the white
cake-white icing one!
We inquired but didn't buy. They were
made with rose oil which you can evidently
taste and smell ... I'll leave the rose smell
in my garden and take the icing and cake
smell, please!
It's a very small shop seating maybe 16 people with two tables for four people. Both were taken, so we walked to Starbucks with our treats ...
White for me, red velvet for the kiddos, tons-o-chocolate for
Aaron ... I had a teeny taste ... delish, but one bite plenty!
Remember PC#3's Pop-Tart indulgence of earlier in the morning? Yeah, we're pretty sure it's between that, his Diet Coke and partaking in some of my Gatorade that caused him to not be able to finish his cupcake. PC#2 said she'd "have a bite but couldn't eat all of the rest, no way !" Ummm ...
No way? I think she meant No Problem!
The cupcake plan was a perfect end point for this run, but the celebrating didn't stop there!! Now, you all know that the Expo and it's fun little prizes is one of my favorite aspects of an official race. I also dig the swag bag containing the race shirt! Well, between us and Mary Kate, both ends covered it all in one unplanned swoop! Check out what Mary Kate sent!
The cupcake goodness just kept pouring out of the box!! Lip balms a go-go,
shoe laces, nail decals, lace charms ... wow double wow!! Of course, we
called her and yelled in her voice mail again!
Um, did you catch the laces smell good?!
They smell like grapes!! It's that yummy
grape smell (not like scratch-n-sniff
chocolate that never smells good,
am I right?)!!
Cupcake charms!!! My blingy runner lace charm she sent
before April's Half is now chasing a cupcake!
SO MUCH GOODNESS!!

And, from our end, we took care of the shirts! Don't they look awesome with the bling?!
The Pink Ladies ... very different from the ones in Grease ...
There it is! The 2013 Virtual Sparkle Cupcake Run is (finally!) in the books!! Another virtual run is on the October horizon!! Keep your eyes peeled for me to pass that info along because I know you want to do it!!

Until then, running must resume ... at some point! I took today off (yay!), and tomorrow is a normal Rest Day. With a Half on the schedule for late September, it's time to take the calendar and the training schedule and have them do some talking together! Maybe that's tomorrow's project so I know what to do on Wednesday (rest or run ... currently, I do have a preference ...!) I'll check in tomorrow with that outcome! Until then, I tip my hat to the Run Find Your Happy Pace Facebook page for her organization of this virtual run and for the following Monday motivation pic ... Enjoy it, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment