Thursday, August 1, 2013

Aaaannnnd, We're Off!

Okay, there are tons of runners who can relate to this and totally find this funny:
I can appreciate the humor, but I cannot relate! Me + Running does not = time! It couldn't be about time when I started because I would have spent too much time telling myself I wasn't good enough (and, good enough for what is the real issue ...). It's not about time now because, for the most part, I just don't care! I have a time goal for my Half in April, but that's it between now and then. Even then, it's a goal that will abruptly adjust to the I Don't Care At All Zone should the rest of my world not accommodate the luxury of focusing on such an aspect. Time. I just roll with it, and it totally works.

Besides, if I were always focused on my watch, how would I see all of the pennies? Or the weeds and flowers? Or the road kill? AND, if I were focused on time, I don't think I would easily pursuade any of my little pals to ever join me! This morning is a primo example as I asked PC#3 to come along with me, and he readily and happily agreed ! Yay, me! He was also very down with the fact that it was a 2-mile run, so that didn't hurt a bit!
It was one of the mornings where the temperature felt quite
nice, but you stop running only to experience your own,
personal sweat bath!
He and I not only had a fun run, but I had a very good one especially considering I've not run since Saturday! I thought this one might hurt a little. It only hurt in the Getting Up Earlier Than I Wanted To category. But, we addressed that yesterday, right?!

Saturday's run will be more telling than today's (I have to start the schedule with seven!! No fair!), but I'm ready for it. I won't have any of my pals with me, though. Not even this one even though she's be the most eager to go:
"I just cruised 2, mommy ... what's 5
more? I have 4-wheel drive, after all!"
Before piling the miles back on, we already get to rest tomorrow!! I'll be checking in then!

No comments:

Post a Comment