Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ohh, Elly ...!

As promised, we were back at it today! Elly really did want to go with me. But, I'm not really sure she wanted to run. Umpteen potty stops and walk breaks in the first mile? Yeah, this girl can grab a clue.

Wait, you might not believe me? Check it out ... here she is checking out the pretty flowers ...
"Look, mommy! So pretty! And, you like
flowers! Let's check 'em out for a spell!
Perhaps you'd like to have a sit?"
... and, here she is pulling over for yet another walk break.
It's so blurry because I'm pretty certain I
was in utter disbelief that she was pulling
over to the grass again! At least we were
close to finished here!
A friend recently asked if Elly goes on all of my runs with me up to the 13 miles. I said, "No, she goes up to 5. But, she prefers 3." After her recent runs, I might have to amend that response to, "She loves the idea  of going ..."

Speaking of going-not going, I recently saw this on the I Love To Run Facebook page. It's yet another sentiment to which I really don't relate:

And, then there are those of us who just stand there. Just sayin'.
There was text along with this cartoon -- it was really pretty funny, so I had to share:
"Sharks die when the stop moving. Runners do not. Keep this in mind next time you encounter a don't walk sign at a busy intersection. There's no need to job in place or dance from foot to foot like you have to pee. Just chill. Wait a few moments. Note: If a non-runner waiting with you at the crosswalk is dancing from foot to foot, he or she may indeed have to pee. Give this person wide berth."
-- Mark Remy (The Runner's Rule Book) Runner's World

Apparently, my just-standing-there approach is highly recommended! Or, at least, it's supported! Elly likes just standing there, too. (Could you have guessed?) Standing there at a stop light today meant spying one of my three penny finds today, too, so how cool is that?
Elly's leg reminds me of the Star Wars Ewoks ...
One way or another, we got it done today! And, while Elly's stop-n-go patterns are totally can be annoying, I can't not take her. Why would I want to leave this face behind?!
With the shifted schedule, tomorrow is not a running day! We'll check in anyway; see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment