Friday, August 9, 2013

Just Follow Directions

The only thing wrong with this morning was getting my butt royally handed to me in a best-of-three series of Quiddler with Pit Crew #3:
Remember our favorite word game? Yeah ... I got tromped,
and PC#3 added some pizzazz to the score book!
But, let's face it ... any morning (afternoon ... evening ...) where my kids want to play games with me is a better victory than most anything else I could imagine. So, I'll take it! No bling required.

The aforementioned whooping followed a huge personal victory regarding my running schedule. I woke up feeling much better physically than I have in more than a week -- I've simply not let my legs recover from the most recent long runs. And, that's not good. On top of which, our summer schedule is crazy and not especially conducive to embracing back-to-back-to-back training schedules. But, I took this week's runs (you know, the ones I didn't want to do ... did I ever mention that?!) with enough ease that, by this morning, I could feel recovery coming. All I could think was, "One more day of truly resting would really do a body good." And, right when I was on the verge of taking a stand and moving tomorrow's long run to Sunday, what do you know but the schedule right there on the calendar has the next long run slotted for SUNDAY.

Look what happens when you read the directions that are right in front of you.

There is wisdom in that schedule that has worked time and again. The only time it didn't work well was when the one implementing it didn't follow it correctly. No need to dig into that, though, right? Nope ... just learn from it!

I shall go into tomorrow with complete peace of mind that I'm not only doing the right thing, but I'm following sound direction! I don't promise the morning to be all kinds of peaceful (I do have some Quiddler revenge bubbling around, you know!), but it holds promise of a great way to best prepare myself for Sunday's run! Take care of yourself the way you need, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment