Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Oh, My ...

Let's just say that when I finally managed to pull down the calendar and map out the miles between here and September's Half, I was a little taken back by how fast that date is going to come! Gulp! I'd fantasized that there were enough weeks between now and then that I had the luxury to pick and choose if I was going to run this weekend. Apparently, it would serve me better to get back out there!!

Seeing as I just finished the room painting I planned for today, I'm not inspired to run tomorrow. At all. (I was inspired to let a potty word slip out when I mapped my miles, though, just sayin'.)

Yes, it's time to get my eyes back on a prize to motivate myself! And, the prize I envision is always, always, the finish line. The literal finish line. I love crossing it almost more than I love getting a medal (after all, the finish line can be blurry; I can check and recheck out the medal after I'm showered and have the sweat out of my eyes!). I always love the after-run huggin', too, so that's also always in the prize picture, too.

I was thinking earlier today about how easy it would be to just let this running thing go -- not because I want to, but because there's that much of life that would easily fill its slot. Two different grocery store stops, an outing with my young Crewer, painting, swimming (and, oh yeah, working*) ...

*
... and everything involved in making all of the aforementioned activities happen today ... yeah, none of that screamed there's so much extra time, why don't you consider running ?! I'm saying I get how it never feels like there's time to exercise. And, there's always a reason not to. I totally get it. I just refuse to get swallowed by it. And, if I'm being honest, the only real thing I'm trading to run is sleeping later. That's become too hard to justify no matter how crazy crabby I am most mornings about having to trade sleep for a run.

With that, you and I both now know what I'm doing tomorrow!! It's a super-short one (yeah!!!), but it's still necessary (sigh!)! Apparently, Elly and I will see you after our morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment