Saturday, August 10, 2013

Runners (Tired) Brain

Do you ever wake up disappointed that you either didn't or don't remember your dream, but then there are other mornings you wake up and start the day completely confused by the dream you had and remember? Yeah ...

I dreamt last night that I was running either a Half Marathon or a Full. I'm not really sure which. Somewhere in the middle of it, I got lost. Then, I thought I found my way when I was on a path that required crossing over a draw bridge. Then, the draw bridge started going up, and I thought how stupid it was for there to be a working draw bridge in the middle of a race course. Then, while waiting for it, I looked and saw people running across a bridge that crossed over the draw bridge. I then headed toward those runners. I had to cut through a shopping mall to get to them. Of course. Oh, and suddenly I was pushing my friend Juli in a wheelchair because she fell along the route and hurt herself and we agreed to do this thing together. And, there were some stairs in that mall between us and the runners crossing the bridge. Juli and I were brainstorming how to get up those stairs when I woke up.

So, we didn't rejoin the runners. I'm pretty certain at that point, Juli and I would have found our way to the food court to bag the race and get some Diet Coke. That's probably a better ending to the dream than my asleep brain was producing.

Dreams are weird.

I do, however, have running on my mind a lot lately. I'm anxious for a solid run where everything feels like it's firing on similar, strong cylinders. Hopefully, tomorrow is that run. If not, though, it'll be okay:
It already promises to be a good run in that the humidity has dropped for the weekend. That, in and of itself, is a gift ranking right up there behind the ability to get out there and go no matter how I feel about doing so. Truly, there's not a lot to complain about.

Here's to anticipating a good run, and I'll see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment