Monday, August 12, 2013

Perfect Ten!

Usually when you see a runner make a picture like so ...
... it's an indication of how far s/he just ran. I've made such a picture before ... see?
August 2010 after having run my first 13-mile distance! Whee!
Today's display was something more, though. So, no, it didn't indicate 10 miles. And, nooooo, it wasn't a "perfect 10" kind of run following this slump I've been whining about. It actually symbolizes this:
No, not the dog ...
It's the penny taking the Food Bank total to TEN DOLLARS of change found running!! YAHOO!!

Before setting sail this morning, I only needed two more cents to get to $10, and this morning's route did not disappoint!! I have to hand it to my coinoscopic vision, though, because this last one was not obvious.
It's there in the bike lane. I don't know what gunk that is on
the white line, so don't focus there.
Yeah, it's pretty easy to see there, but I first saw it from over here ...
That's a good 10 feet of grass in between the sidewalk and the
road. And, I was in motion. And, I had to keep looking to my
right instead of straight ahead while running because that's
where the money usually lives. I might be good at that,
but it took some practice to do it with ease. And not fall over.
HOW COMPLETELY FANTASTIC IS FINDING THAT LAST PENNY?! I think it's awesome. Just in change, I've found $10 with four more months left to prowl. AND, we can't forget the $20 bill I found back in the Spring. Together, that's $30 or between 360 - 450 pounds of food for those who need it!!! THAT'S HUGE!!

Seriously -- totally stoked!!

Oh, and the run itself went really well. I felt almost back to normal meaning I wasn't distracted by aching muscles or having to employ 800 mental strategies to keep myself going. By and large, I could just ... go ...

Except for when Elly resisted because she was a scaredy pants along that same stretch that, well, scares her. She was in a Monday mood, that's for sure, so she really gave the resistance a good, solid showing. Seriously ... she really did want to go! Check her out beforehand!
"Here I am, mommy!! Here! I! Am!!"
"I'm sensing something over ... there ... Something obnoxious."
As Lizzy says, "Who? Me?" Elly continued:
"I'll just wait here for you, mommy. Although, you keep taking
pictures. And, pictures before a run are hardly ever good for
my desires. *sigh*"
"What." States Lizzy.
"Double sigh." Expels the dog. Little did she know ...
Today was a good one all the way around. Well, maybe not for Elly, but her run was good for most of the time!! I'm going to revel in this run being more of what I am used to while I rest tomorrow. I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment