Thursday, August 22, 2013

Plan Now, Do Later. No Further Thinking Required.

So, this is at least sort of what Rest Day is supposed to be all about, right?
'Tis an excellent sentiment!
Unfortunately, the real world doesn't really allow for much rest, so we'll see just how bountiful those 10 miles tomorrow turn out! Oh, yes ... a changed schedule officially put the long runs on Fridays, and tomorrow is when that starts!!

The idea of mapping that route is enough to make me want to weep at the moment ... but, I'm not running it right now, so I need not emote. Just sayin'. (That's the thing that often gets us, isn't it? Giving in to that feeling you have right now about something you're actually going to do later ...?! Plan now, do later, don't think about it when the time comes. At least that's what works pretty consistently for me!)

So, to round out my very busy day, I am off to map out where my feet will take me tomorrow! In the meantime, enjoy a very small nugget from my garden (mighty thematic given the Surfing Rainbows picture, don't you think?). Every time I see portulaca, I think it's unfortunate that it's somehow-somewhat related to weeds because that gives something quite beautiful a very bad rap.
I don't care who says what; I find you breathtaking!
See you tomorrow after the long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment