Monday, August 26, 2013

Very Fashion Forward

As it is a Rest Day, I didn't run. But, a friend of mine did, and her report was, "That sucked!" She's not even one to use the work "suck" on a regular basis. That's how bad the heat + humidity was, and she runs at least an hour before I ever consider it.

Tomorrow's run is likely going to blow ...

This is what it's like out right now:
No, that string isn't choking me -- the
humidity is!
Wicking running clothes: They're not just for running. Wicking running clothes: Awesome for mowing the lawn.

I feel the need to add that I'm a slow sell on things that are new unless I've actively been in the market just wishing someone would invent it, whatever it may be. So, when I learned about wicking material, I didn't believe it would actually keep me cooler and/or more comfortable than the usual sweat-soaked cotton t-shirt I wore for everything (except when I played soccer, and our long-sleeved jerseys were the always comfortable polyester ...). I'd grinned and beared many-a sweat-soaked shirt, so why spend the money on the wicking stuff?

Wicking stuff rocks. Not one drop of sweat hit my eyes when running yesterday or when mowing today. Need it? Buy it.

I realize wicking material for runners and other forms of exercise is totally old news. But, it leads right in to showing off the hat we bought for my sunburn-prone hubby and that I used to mow:
It goes down over the neck, has a super-wide brim and is made of SPF something-or-other material. VERY comfy. Very worth the cash! Just had to share because any tip to get through these dog days on any level is good!

Okay ... tomorrow, we run. Actually, I run. I'm not taking Elly. I have 5 to go, the girl barely likes 3 right now, and even I can do that kind of math! So, I'll be checking in after I'm finished! Stay safe out there! See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment