Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Casual Groove

You have to wonder what kind of run it's going to be when you're about to start, you look down, and you see big ol' hole in one of the poo bags you brought along for your pooch!
Unseen, that could be a really big problem.
I made a mental note to use that one first while it was more fresh on my brain, and we took off!

There was just enough of a morning drop in humidity this morning to allow for taking Elly! It was also the week's short run, so I knew she would be just fine. And, in her oh-so-cooperative-predictable fashion, she required utilization of said poo bag within a half mile, and I hadn't yet spaced the issue surrounding it, so it was used and all was well. That, my friends, is a mark of a good run!

Also good this morning was the sky ... doesn't it look like that blue-and-white sand thingy every teacher and office desk seemed to have in the late 70s?
My favorite part of the run and greatest thing to see, though, was this ...
You can see three of the five birds here ...
... and, they're playing in the sprinkler!!
Coming upon that was awesome! I couldn't get my camera ready fast enough to catch the full frolic, but it was soooo very cute! Even a guy all dressed in business duds saw Elly and I standing back and watching, so, he, too, took a moment to enjoy! That's a great way to start a day!

I really can't complain at all about this morning's run. The temperature stayed teetering without toppling on to gross, and those miles ticked away quite quickly. Well, except for when this kind of thing happened:
Do you know what she's doing? She's
just standing there. For real. I guess she
felt she had nothing better to do.
Just before we finished, we came upon a stretch of unavoidable sprinklers, and they got us good! It was a nice relief even for the diva pooch who doesn't care to get wet.

By the way, anyone care to tell me how her running eye boogers got on top of her head?
With that, we were finished! In celebration of wrapping up the week's training runs and in recognition of knowing I was about to embark of quite the gardening clean up/work over, I stopped to get a refreshing treat ...
Oh, Diet Coke, how I love you ...
No matter the temperature, no matter how you're feeling, no matter how many reasons you can come up with to not go outside/to the gym/downstairs to get your groove on ... just do it! It always ends up feeling so much better than it seems it's going to! Tomorrow will be used to rest up for Friday's long run! Here's to a rest! I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment