Sunday, August 4, 2013

Running Related

Sprinkled throughout my summer entries have been tales of woe regarding unexpected aches and soreness due to painting and other home make-over, finally-fix-it-up projects. I'm very pleased to report that on the nearest of horizons, this ...
It's been right on my desk next to me ...
staring at me in its happy cupcake way ...
... and, these ...
Years-o-bling ... excellent memories!!
... will finally be hanging on this ...
It looks wrong because it's upside down ... I can't wait to make
it look all kinds of right!!
... over there!
That gets to happen when these finishing touches ...
Finishing touches to make the baseboards look awesome!
... are, well, finished so as to move all of that stuff you saw surrounding the picture/medal hanger back into the room where it normally lives! Once that happens, the hanger goes up and gets adorned!

Thank goodness Lizzy showed up to help:
What a relief to have her here to speed progress along ...
By the way, yes, that was Aaron you saw in those black and white pics from his rugby days. They'll get repositioned in the same area. In the meantime, take a closer look:
A serious bad ass ... I realize it's hard to tell, but believe when
I say I have a story of him "Superman-ing" at someone on the
field ... whom he flattened while he casually got up and trotted
off to get back in the play ...
So, the homestead redos are incorporating a nice handful of things highlighting my most unexpected endeavor ... and, right before I'm about to celebrate five years of doing so! Yup! That anniversary is right around the corner!

Between now and then, there's more running to do, so Elly and I will be back at it tomorrow! It just has to feel better than it did yesterday ... right ?!!? In the meantime, here's a pic of one of my latest and greatest acquisitions ... I realize it has nothing at all to do with running, but not everything has to!
I'm not usually one for the novelty planter, but this owl needed
me! And, it needed that light green hair, don'tcha think?
Make sure your surroundings are happy and celebrate what you love! That makes the whole effort that much more fun! We'll see you after the morning run no matter how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment