Friday, August 30, 2013

It's Not Me; It's You

This morning's run was brutal. It was quite possibly the worst I've felt since starting to run in the first place. Fortunately, I could get through these 10 miles in the heat in a predictable amount of time ... not because the time was important. In fact, it was only important so Aaron had an idea of when I would be finished so he'd know if I was still running or if enough time had passed indicating I'd melted right into the pavement. The predictable amount of time was good for me just to know that I am fine ... the weather is not. It's not me, weather; it's you.

The I Love To Run Facebook page has been holding an ecard caption contest, and their winner was posted today. It was perfect for how I felt when I finished!! The image was ungrabbable (but, you can see it here!), but it said: "Effort level for this morning's run: somewhere between OMG and WTF?" THAT was outstanding!! No wonder the person won!!

By the way, before I took off, Aaron told me to be safe, and Pit Crew #3 chimed in with, "Don't fall down!" Aaron's idea of safety and PC#'3 weren't quite aligned, but both with merit!

Today's nasty-hot run was not without its own merits. I found these in my go-to drive-thru ...
It desperately wants me to not question its faithfulness as my
go-to, so, today, it spit out the good stuff.
... and, I saw these which I've never before seen that I know of (only to see them everywhere since this morning, but whatever) ...
These were at least 10-feet tall!! I even had a chat with their
proud owners of these who was out watering. I almost asked
him to spray me with his hose then thought better of it. It
seemed like a weird line to cross.
... and, apparently, I got up close and personal with my water bottle:
If I'm going to have a $20 water bottle,
it's good to know it's this fabulous! This
was at refill number 2 of 3 ... did I
mention it was hot?!?!
The best I can say for today is: I made it. I was fine, it wasn't that fun, but I finished. I'm very pleased about that!

The heat is supposed to break this weekend which would be very, very welcomed! Tomorrow, we rest no matter the weather!! We also hit the pool ... it's about to close for the season!! BOO!! Anyway, I'll check in tomorrow -- hang tough out there, but be safe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment