Thursday, March 1, 2012

Haulin' It

Welcome to March! The month started off with a bang for me running -- not because I had to go very far today but because the day's schedule meant the best time for me to run was two hours earlier than I usually set out. (ouch!) But, I had my trusty running pup with me, and we began the run by seeing these:
 It was an interesting route today because we ran it at the same time that one of the many buses that comes through our neighborhood was en route. I would turn the corner of a loop where no one was there only to come out the other side of the loop and suddenly see people where moments ago there were none. The first time it happened, it was kind of creepy (Hey, I wasn't fully awake). I caught on and started to expect people hanging out on random corners which was good for my startle response.

Then, at one point, a bus and I were following each other. It would make a stop, and I would pass it only to have it pass me seconds later. Then I'd pass it again when it stopped and so forth. It was kind of like Elly and I were dolphins and the bus was a boat. Only different. (Elly's cuter than a dolphin, don't you think? She can smile like they can, too.)

I was very focused on getting the run finished to make sure my schedule didn't smash in to the schedules after me and cause someone to be stressed or late ... or both! So, Elly and I hauled it -- like actually made an effort to run the entire way vs. my preferred jog -- and everything turned out just fine. (I cast my vote that I prefer to jog, by the way ...) I found a penny along the way, and Elly returned home to her much-anticipated breakfast:
That's how she looks when she's chewing and trying to smile
at you! Note she's all dressed up for the next celebration!
She's always in fashion.
The day and all of its happenings have come off without a hitch ... I even found 11 pennies on a sidewalk on the way to one of the morning's events! They don't count in my Puppy Pacer count, but they'll count at the store where I can spend them. Hooray! And, right now, I have chicken about to marinade in some lemon juice and teriyaki sauce to cook up and add to my new favorite meal for dinner. My mouth is watering already!! I can't recommend those wraps enough ... so so so good and good for you!! Yeah!!! Finally finding and embracing really good stuff to work with my running instead of working against it! That only took a couple of years! Ha! See you tomorrow on Rest Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment