Sunday, March 18, 2012

Many Miles of TV ...

So, yesterday I heard there was a chance of rain in the forecast for today, and I guess I embraced the possibility of running on the treadmill more than would have ever thought because getting on the it this morning wasn't that big of a deal. Even though it had stopped raining by the time I was to head out, I went ahead and set up shop in front of the tv with the ol' earphones, water bottle and fan. In truth, I think I was just in the mood to take some focused time to watch tv!

And, TIME I HAD as it was a 10-miler on the treadmill. That is NO FUN, but it was necessary. At mile 5, I saw a commercial for Tropicana orange juice and wanted to jump through the screen to get my hands on those oranges. That feeling carried through to the end as I finished up, went over to unplug the treadmill and saw this on the ground thinking for a brief moment it was a peeled orange:
If you notice it out of the corner of your eye while you're actually
looking at the power strip, you might see what I saw. It seems I
was in the middle of post-run delirium to actually think this
was a peeled orange ... like Aaron peeled it for me and left it
on the ground or something? Sheesh. I really was pooped!
This is what it really was:
Kinda matches that aforementioned delirium if you ask me ...
With a lot of tv watched and deleted from the DVR recording list, I showered, and we got our post-run breakfast (bagel and an ICE COLD DIET COKE) ... wahoo!! It's 4 miles tomorrow ... I'm not going to lie, I don't exactly enjoy how the schedule goes between now and race day. I'd love a Rest Day after a 10-mile run, but that's not how it's scheduled. I'm also certain there's a really good rationale as to why things are scheduled this way, but I don't have to like it. I have another 4-miler after next Sunday's 11-mile run ... I might have to get some real oranges to celebrate!!

By the way, that miles-'til-crossing-the-finish miles are ticking down fast! We're in double digits now, baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment