Friday, February 24, 2012

New Fave

There are things to do and places to be on this Rest Day but not before sharing one of my new, favorite homemade creation:
It looks like just a quesadilla ... but it rocks the quesadilla world!
As I've mentioned, these past few weeks have been a bit tough on me, so I decided that in the midst of it all, I would stay very focused on what I was eating because the past has shown that when life hands me a whole lotta stress, I not only have chosen to blow off exercise, but I've also chosen to turn turn to food for comfort. Yes, indeed, I'm certain I'm a textbook case of that. I'm already commited to the running; I need to keep making that continued commitment to the kitchen.

So, to make sure I didn't just turn to food this time, I went back to one of the very first things I incorporated into my world 2 years ago when I made the first wave of food overhauls: La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Tortillas (12 grams of fiber!!). I also picked up a more recent addition: Laughing Cow cheese (check out that cow's smirk!). Then, I put the two together:
It's like chocolate in your peanut butter. But, really different.
These tortillas are huge; one of the cheese wedges generously covers one of them. (Using one and cutting it in half is a perfect portion.) Then, I added some black olives, a pinch of cheddar cheese, a quarter of an avocado and my new best friend baby spinach (thanks to Subway):
Voila! The perfect-for-me quesadilla. I put it on a hot pan to toast the outside and melt the cheese, and that, friends, is creamy, tangy goodness!! Mmmm ...

Elly wanted some because it smelled so good. (Okay, she would have wanted it if it had smelled so-so, but this smelled awesome):
"I can laugh like that cow, too, mommy, so
pony up some of the grub!"
With the high fiber goodness of these, I stay full for a long time which is fabulous. That helps with the running pursuit for sure! You know what also helps when I want a treat? This:
You know how some sugar free chocolate tastes
nothing like chocolate? Not these; they're fabulous!
and, this:
No need for the sugar ones here -- these are
SO SO SO fruity and good!!
So, there you have it from the kitchen today. And, to be honest, just creating something new and simple was a great stress relief. Ahhh ... It's now time to map the run for tomorrow! See you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment