Monday, March 19, 2012

10 - 4, Good Buddy

After my 10 yesterday, today's 4 started off with a very expected explative: Yeeeouch!!! But, you know, knowing that feeling was coming made it just a bit easier to push through because I've done it (and survived!) before. In fact, I've done it a good handful of times these past two years, it always feels the same -- The beginning hurts, but the yowza factor starts to subside around the mile and a half mark. Actually, it doesn't just subside. It goes way off to the side, and the rest of the run is invigorating. Every muscle that was hurting in the beginning plugs in and goes on fire. I become acutely aware that every muscle is working to conquer the run and not just get through it. It's really, really cool.

All systems were in full throttle, and I was having a great run, but that full-on groove did not stop me from picking up my friends by the name of Abraham!
I brake for change ... Today, I broke 4 times
to the tune of 6 cents. Running still pays!!
Ooo ... yeah!!! Nothing like finding more cents than the number of miles! That's the way to punctuate a great run for me! (Finding money always puts a run in a happy light.) Better yet, this was a great run on Rest Day eve! FAB!! I'll see you kicked back tomorrow. In the meantime, Elly wants to say hi:
"I don't get to go as often right now, but I
do get to reap the reward. Salty, smelly
mommy!! SLURP!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment