Thursday, March 15, 2012

Faux Pas Averted

Before I run on Thursdays, I go and facilitate the Runner's Club with my young running friends. For the club, I use a bucket to carry the things I need to keep track of their running (there are a lot of kids; I need things). After almost six months of use, the bucket finally bit it last week (big crack ... counter productive to carrying things ...), so I (miraculously) remembered to grab something before leaving the house. I knew there was a good box in the recycling. Then, I realized it was probably not appropriate to use for my elementary school friends:
What a fun box! But, whoopsie ...
I opted for this instead:
It's even thematic. It was meant for this use.
Once my young friends finished their Club for the day, I took off for my run. It's so very warm for this time of year, but I've decided to embrace it while running. I'd much rather go ahead and have it warm now than to train while it's cold only to have a sudden very warm morning on the day of the Half! That's the kind of weather shift that will mess up a run in a very big way.

By the way, the big event is exactly one month from TODAY!! You know I was willing my brain to allow that day's run to feel as good as today's!

My Thursday runs tend to be pretty all-about-business because I have things to do after, but sights such as this are not escaping me:
That's just fabulous.
And, that sky!! LOVE that blue with those flowers!
So pretty! (But, those flowers stink ...)
It was a great run -- I wish I knew the magic formula that makes some great because they're all not! I'm just glad to have easily cruised today's route and go on with my day. Tomorrow's a Rest Day! Yeah!!! It kind of snuck up on me which is awesome! It's like a surprise party. But not. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment