Monday, March 26, 2012

Critters

Happy Monday!! And, what a beautiful start to the day it was! Perfect short-distance running weather!! It was not a cool start for Elly, though. We all remember that she's now a 3-miler unless I'd like to clean up what's in her tummy, and she just knew she wasn't going to join me today. Look at her:
"I know I'm not going, but I'm about to launch into giving it a
shot of the Elly love ..."
"Please, mommy, puh-leez ..."
"It's the kiss of 'no'. Good golly *sigh* ..."
After some love to the puppy, I headed out into a cool breeze ... yeah!!! Love that!! But, wasn't it just yesterday or the day before that I said something like running 4 miles after running 11 the day before isn't as painful as the 4 after having run 10? Yeah, that was stupid.

That first mile hurts!! But, just like all of the other first miles (don't they all kinda hurt??), everything worked itself out, and I was able to cruise along. What made today so cool was that I knew I'd be finished pretty quickly ... unlike my double-digit excursions!!

Along the way, I saw the most beautiful dog!! (Shhh ... don't tell Elly.) This dog actually looked quite a bit like Elly, but the color was ex-qui-site: Deep, rich chocolate with a red undertone. Depending on the angle, the dog's coat just rippled with luscious color. It was kind of like the dark part of Elly's ears but as an entire coat. WOW. I looked back three times after passing that dog just to see it. It was such a better sight than the dead opposum at the two-mile mark. Dead and staring at me with its mouth wide open. Very, very gross. Totally could have done without that.

In other critter news, right down the road, I found a penny (yeah!! Not a critter, just exciting.), and right after, I stopped to save this worm:
I'd just found the penny and found it most appropriate to pay my good fortunate forward!

Soon after, I rounded out my miles and was happy to know I have a break scheduled for tomorrow! WooHoo!! It feels like a long time since my last break ... and it's only been two days! Ha! What a weenie! The double digits will do that, and it's all good. Speaking of good, I leave you with today's find and will see you on Rest Day!
Yahoo!! Only one more cent 'til $2!!

No comments:

Post a Comment