Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Inside Pursuit

Don't you love those few moments in your life when you are relieved of the pressure of making a decision? I woke up to storms. Then they stopped. Then they started. Etc. That kind of morning plays with my head on a running day because I spend a lot of time and energy hedging my bets on whether or not I can get my run in before another storm hits (as though I have weather-prediction skills). I so prefer running outside, but in the interest of safety, I have to have some limits to that. Darn it all.

By the time I was to hit the road, this was happening:
Sleet? Really? I'm thinking that's not a good surface for me to
embrace my pace ...
Decision made! Out came the Mean Machine perfectly positioned in front of the tv, the headphones were plugged in, and the miles were logged without complaining even to myself. THAT is a miracle!

And, while not so much a miracle, might I mention that it was almost 70 degrees yesterday but it was sleeting this morning? What up? The kitty found it fascinating, too:
By the way, Lizzy, I hear curiosity is not
that good for your kind. Just sayin'.
With that, it's a rest tomorrow on the eve of a long run! I'll be enjoying that; you do the same! It's going to be FRIDAY after all!!! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment