Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Inventory

While it is Rest Day, I have spent a great deal of my time today thinking ahead to the big run. That tends to happen once I hit the 10-mile training point because the runs during the week get longer, too. Longer runs require a bit of schedule shifting including sometimes getting up before the sun (wahhhhh!).

This is also the point where I've learned to do some inventory. Today, I made sure I have the right clothes for the potential weather. I mean, I did learn these things wear out when my pants fell apart (aka: disintegrated) a couple of weeks ago, and I really don't want my pants to fall apart in the middle of a run, training or otherwise. To be honest, I think the moment my pants crumbled to the ground was my heads-up that I'd better check out the state of the clothes I'm counting on using next month!

In other inventories, I've definitely learned to make sure my shoes look like they're going to hold out, and I've determined they my current ones will. Hooray! No one wants to hear me gripe about that! Besides, I love my periwinkle-titanium-lightening shoes with my lightening shoelaces.

And, I've figured out -- oh, yes -- to make sure my hair is long enough for a sturdy ponytail (= no fly aways on the sides) but not so long that the ponytail is just a dead weight swinging on the back of my head. No joke, the hair has become an important part of the pre-race inventory because if your hair is annoying, that will make you feel every one of those 13 Point 1 miles.

Those little shifts are what rev up the mental momentum, and race day (race: ha!) excitement starts to build!!

And, while that excitement builds around here, let's see what a professional rester has to say for herself today while I sign off until after the morning run! :
"I am a total resting pro, and everyone should learn from me."

No comments:

Post a Comment