Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leapin' Lizards, It's Windy!

I swear I'm taking this Half Marathon training seriously, but all I could think about on this VERY WINDY morning (25-40 mph gusts ... what?!) were my dog's ears!!! I know I recently wrote about this very topic, but how can I not with ears that awesome? See?
"That's right, mommy, my ears are awesome! So is the chicken
I smell cooking in that grocery store ..."
Along this particular strip were really big gusts, but we plunged through!
"This is totally awesome, mommy! Run like the wind! Whee!!"
It was almost 50 degrees when we headed out, so Elly got her pant on pretty quickly. Why is that notable? Because we not only had floppy ears, but we got a waggy tongue!
"Just let it all fly!! Feel the freedom!"
And, just like at a portrait studio, we changed backgrounds. Ha!
"I'm too sweet for the rustic background. Puh-leez."
I can't say I remember a whole lot about this run because with wind like that, it's just noisy, and I don't really think about anything amidst the noise! I was acutely aware that I wasn't all crabby about the wind, though, and that is a major leap of progress for me because I tend to spend a lot of energy cranking about how wind annoys me. (It's not productive, but I still do it.) I try not to crank about it while running, though, as I'd prefer to use the energy to just keep moving! I mean, what I am I going to do on Half Marathon day if it's super windy? Stand there and crab about it? Or just get to moving? I have to remember such things and train my brain as well as my muscles. (Remember when I thought running was only about physically moving? It was such a simple idea ...)

I also have to share that while I wasn't really thinking much nor was I really paying that much attention to what I was doing (seeing as I kept taking pictures of the pup), I still managed to spy with my little eye:
Ba-da-bing! Oh, yeah ...
"Hey, mommy, get the coin out of my shot ..."
Here's one more of my running partner because not only are her ears awesome, so are her eyes:
"I am fabulous."
More miles in the tank, more pennies in the bank. That's a great run! See you after tomorrow's!

No comments:

Post a Comment