Thursday, March 22, 2012

I Want To Bottle It and Make Millions

I set sail on my run today only to figure out a tenth of a mile into it (but a couple of miles from home) that I wore the wrong shoes!
It's not me, it's you.
These shoes have done their miles with me and are now the every day shoes. That means the treads are worn, and the sides are not as supportive as they were in their glory days. But, what do you do. You keep on going, and you make a mental note to double check which shoes are on your feet when it really counts!

I could not tell you why, but today's run ROCKED. If I could figure out why it was so great and why I felt so strong, I'd bottle it and make millions. Instead, I must settle for continuing to scrounge the streets. Fortunately, that keeps paying off:
One by one, my vast fortune grows ...
Not everyone was having as good of a morning as I: I passed a lady on the sidewalk who literally scowled when I said, "Good morning" to her. Totally not kidding. I'd seen her from a bit of a distance, and she looked very normal in her expression. I greeted her, and Grrrrrrrr! Big change! That made my expression change, too. To this:
Ooooo ... I said something wrong to herrrr!
As I went on, though, there were definite patches of beauty. They're everywhere this time of year, and I know we're all seeing them, but I'm still sharing what I saw that caught my eye:
And:
This tree is, by far, the most rich in this color that I've seen!!
SO VERY PRETTY!!
I'm thankful for the pocket of time today when I could just go out, breathe deeply and take notice of the everyday wonders. I'm also thankful for my Good For You Lady who again made it a point to slow down and root me on today! With that, tomorrow is Rest Day! That's probably why I was so energized this morning ... the body knows ...

No comments:

Post a Comment