Wednesday, March 21, 2012

No Complaints

I woke up to a lot of rain and assumed I would need to break out the dreadmill for today's run. But right at the time I was able to go, the rain subsided!! I still considered running inside because the showers have come off and on very suddenly, and no one wants to get in the middle of a run only to get caught in one. Or, at least, I don't want to.

Ultimately, it was the 59-degree weather and the slight breeze that won me over, and I headed out. That sounded SO much better than aiming a fan at me on the dreadmill in the otherwise stagnant room. Even good TV doesn't overcome such conditions after a while! Besides, I hardly ever get the direction right with the fan, so it is usually blowing just in front or just behind me. You'd think I would get off the machine and fix it, but I can't tell you how many adjustments that would require and, therefore, how annoying that would be. No, I have found it more productive to just roll my eyes at myself and complain a little bit.

I'm not complaining about today's run, though! Look!
You'd think I didn't do this on purpose, but I did. I was about to
take the ceremonious pic of the coin until I saw the trees in the
background. SO PRETTY! I figured they were a little cooler, so
I let them take center stage. Why not?
It was a find worthy of a real picture, though. Check it out!!
Hooray!! Riches!!! TEN BIG ONES!
This running thing is cool.

My eyes were kept busy scouting for money while my mind focused on a singular issue ... I spend the first mile to a mile and a half of every run with my clothes flying around all over the place until they finally Just. Settle. Down. Then, I don't notice them anymore (which is good). So, for four miles today, I pondered the following: Is it not ironic that I buy clothes to wick away the moisture and feel more comfortable, but it's that very moisture that ultimately helps my clothes position themselves in the most comfortable and unobtrusive way while running?

And, then, I came home to a dog trying to answer her own question:
"Will I or won't I forgive you for not taking me with you?"
Poor puppy. But, she'll get over it because she'll forget ... until she sees my running shoes come out tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment