Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Alternative Workout

I woke up to a LOT of wind this morning. Cold wind. But, I didn't care because it's Rest Day, baby!! While I'm chilling today and continuing to let those muscles I overused on Thursday relax, Daphne decided to enlist the help of her sister for her own work out:
She started with some upper body strength
training in the form of resistance.
"Gruuunnttt! Move, dog, MOVE!"
Later, she moved into working on her reflexes.
"I'm gonna get that tail! Watch me. Whap!"
And, after a very strenuous 3-minute work-
out, the exercise buddies swapped a smooch.
I have to hand it to them, that is the best way
to finish up a workout!
Fortunately, I get to end my running outings with a smooch, too, no matter how far I've gone or how smelly it made me. Knowing that is coming at the end of a run can carry me through to the end. That and the promise of a cold, Diet Coke. See you after logging 8 tomorrow! Fingers crossed for no wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment