Thursday, March 29, 2012

Girls' Morning Out!

In the wee hours of the morning, there was rain, thunder, the works. I just knew I'd be forced on to the dreadmill which not only bummed me out for my whiney sake, but today was a day I could also take Elly, so I wanted that to happen.

And, happen it did!! Hooray!!!
That just passed, and there was some trailing it. Fortunately,
it didn't produce anything while we were out. Woohoo!
That cloud cover made running with Elly perfect ... not too hot for her, no squinting for me. We both win!
"Check me out, Mommy!! I'm running!! I'm ruuuunnninnggg!"
I'm sooo happppyyyyyyyy!!
"Did you see me, Mommy? Did you?! Thank you thank you
thank you for brining me thank you thank you!! I love you!"
You know, you would think taking on 3 miles after the 11, 4 and 5 days I've had this week would have been a piece of cake. (Ooo ... cake ... yummy ...) But, it seems the short days can be some of the more difficult. It probably has zero to do with the miles being fewer as much as it does with my legs being ready for a break! I also am acutely aware that I can crank out three miles pretty quickly if I want to, so I get the idea in my head that I just want to get it done. Honestly, that's not the greatest strategy for me! Consistency all the way around is my better way to go.

Regardless of the reason these shorter runs give me grief, that life lesson of not giving up comes into play with this running thing for me All. The. Time. I was rounding out a mile and a half this morning when I could all but hear my mom in my head reminding me to finish what you start, and just because it's hard doesn't mean you quit. Sage advice for sure. By the way, her words never addressed the pain sometimes involved in keep-on-keepin'-on, so I'll do it for you: Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow ...

And, as usual, the this-does-not-feel-comfortable feeling subsided, and I rejoiced just a little that not only was there only one mile remaining, but also that tomorrow is Rest Day. Oh, yeah ... it sure is ...

Elly and I stayed strong, took the run to task no matter how it felt, and we celebrated with some puppy love:
Doesn't she look regal?
The girl acts coy, but she's always up for some cuddlin'.
See you tomorrow on ... what day? REST DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment