Friday, March 2, 2012

The Price I Paid

Check out today's page from my daily Mary Engelbreit calendar:
Pretty appropriate for Rest Day, don't you think?! I'm thinking with all of the Rest Days built in to my running schedule, I'm slowly but surely becoming a genious, yes?

On with reality: There was no one more surprised than I to find myself incredibly sore before I went to bed last night and after I got up this morning. My run yesterday was short, but, as I noted, I ran it instead of going my normal pace. It seems I also paid for it! That's a big reminder to a lesson I really already knew -- don't jump into something I've not properly prepared to do no matter why I would do it. That's a good way to hurt myself. Yet again, I need to use my head during this physical endeavor.

So, I was thankful for the back-to-back Rest Days scheduled for this week to give one more day for those strained muscles to recover. It'll be fine, Sunday's long run will be a nice-'n-easy one, and I'll be that much closer to April's finish line! As I fully intend to get there injury free, I will remind myself of the very same motto I used to tell myself when I started running, "Slow and steady wins the race." Cheesey, but oh-so-true.

So, while I will enjoy the extended down time, I have to figure out a way to explain the mini break to this face:
That's a pretty good problem to have! Here's to another day of "intellectual improvement"!

No comments:

Post a Comment