Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ignore the Wind and Just Go

As I promised myself, I kept the Persistance theme in mind as I set sail today. And, set sail I did because MAN ALIVE it was windy! See?
I used the wind as an excuse to make sure I took it really, really easy and see how the ol' knee was going to do. The final verdict: Fabulous! I felt not a single twinge today. Hooray! The real test will be on Saturday's long run, but I'll take the mini interim victory!

I'll also take the two pennies I found along the way!! Ba-da-bing!! I found one of them along here (and the other in a similar spot about a mile down the road):
So, I'm on the sidewalk, and the pennies were found on the side
of the street. How on earth do they get there?! I often wonder how
I don't veer the direction I'm looking, too. That's some interesting
balance I have. I'd say 'maybe I could turn that talent into cash,'
but it seems I already do ...!!
It's probably not much of a wonder why I didn't see that hole right in front of me on Monday, huh? On this particular stretch, though, I do have to be mighty mindful of the terrain. I mean, I girl can really hurt herself if this isn't seen and avoided:
That's textbook "accident waiting to happen".
I just prefer that accident to not involve me.
I kept my eyes peeled, though, being very familiar with this area, so I knew the busted up sidewalk was coming. But, I did not know there would be wind gusts so strong that at one point, I was put into a stand still. For real.
I know I'm pretty pokey ... but a standstill?
THAT is some WIND!
Once I rounded the corner, the wind was to my side, so I could keep on keepin' on. It was there where a police car flew down the street. I mean he was screamin', lights and siren blaring, the works. It turned out that I caught up to him about a half mile down the road. He was just getting out of his car to approach the one he pulled over. I so badly wanted to ask him, "So, what happened?" but I settled for a "Good morning" instead. To my pleasure, he very happily returned the greeting. (I do so enjoy when people respond. It's so awkward when you're out running and pass someone and say "hello" or "good morning," and they just stare at you like you're a moron.)

So, it was all good today. See?
This was good, too:
I will enjoy them while they are here!
And, in my own unimportant way, this was the only real bummer:
Respect the Can.
The countdown miles are ticking away fast ... I started at 188.1! That's 65 miles down, and the faster they tick, the closer the big event gets! One more short run for the week tomorrow before a big bout of ticking down for the weekend!! Stay strong on your Wednesday, and I'll see you after the short run!

No comments:

Post a Comment