Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bread Bag Gold

With things to do and places to go on this Rest Day, we decided to take our lunch with us on our little day trip (a trip on which both young Pit Crewers found pennies, and I found a dime!!! Is it restful when you get that suddenly excited?!).

Anyway! I share our lunch outing because I wanted to pass along my personal secret to success for packing a cooler. Maybe it's just me, but I hate (hate!) putting ice around all of my stuff only to have the ice melt-n-mold its way into a big chunk and/or melt and just get our stuff all wet. So annoying! My solution? Enter: The Beloved (so cool because they are made to not have holes) Bread Bag:
They're not just for picking up doggie deposits
on runs, you know ...
The day I figured out to use bread bags for this purpose, too, I was a happy, happy lady:
That's me happy, happy today ... nothing
like sustained happiness!
See how nicely they fit around your goods without being annoying?! Everything cool and dry! AND, look at that ... a bread bag in the middle holding all of our sandwiches nice and snug. Does the fantastic-ness of these bags ever end?
Now, I will say if they hold your ice for hours, there will be condensation on the outside of them, but there will not be a pool of water swirling around in the bottom of your cooler!! Victory!

I love these bags so much that I make sure we get all of the use of them we can because they are a scarce resource. I do ask a friend to collect hers for us, after all ... Waste not, want not, people!:
That's right ... hanging out to dry and later
be put to their next intended use! (eww!)
Our lunch was cool and delightful, by the way! Want to see something else delightful that we saw on our outing? Look!
So cool you have to see it twice:
Ahhh!! Fabulous!! I hope to have another cool pic from tomorrow's morning run. I still have to finalize my route, then I'll know if one of my very favorite trees will be on it. That verdict tomorrow!In the meantime, I need to go check on the dry factor of my bags! See you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment