Friday, October 31, 2014

Umm ... BRRRRRRR ...

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 172 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 865.6 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 351.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $55.27

I found the Snoopy Facebook page!
Yahoo!!!
Happy, Happy Halloween!! No matter what you do today, from nothing to full-on Halloweening, I hope it's a great Friday!!!

Okay, so you know when it's all windy in the Hundred Acre Wood and Pooh and all of his pals blow around but affectionately refer to the weather as "blustery" and it's all cute and stuff? Well, clearly, I'm not out there running in the Hundred Acre Wood because there was nothing appealing about running in today's blustery weather! And, by 'blustery,' I mean slap-the-crap-outta-me cold!! (A phrase not used in the Hundred Acre Wood, I'm bettin' ...) I saw it was 46 degrees when I headed out which, believe it or not, is fabulous running weather once you get going. But, today's wind didn't provide much of a chance for a warm-up. It was really quite something.

Also, it made my hair do this almost the whole time ...
... which made most of my run look just like this:
I'm not even kidding.

I'm not sure how I saw much of anything, but I did get lucky and find all of this ...
Even better, I didn't just see this, but I also actually caught it on camera:
So, what happened was I was running along when I looked up long enough to see the big, blue bird riding its bike down the street. I was fascinated! I just stopped completely to watch it ride! Lucky for me, she stopped, so I thought I'd try to slip in a pic. I just knew it would turn out blurry given I was trying to be sly, but, there it is! I'm so glad you get to see it because how often in life do you see a big, blue bird walking away from its bike?

Immediately after the bird watching, I turned around and saw a woman walking down the sidewalk in a Captain America outfit. It was more like a fleece pajama get-up, but it did the trick. And, it was at that moment that I remembered it was Halloween. Suddenly, the big, blue bird made a whole lot more sense.

My only regret in stopping at that point was just how quickly what little run-warm I had went away, and I was suddenly freezing thanks to being sweaty. The bird was a price worth paying, though, as was the quarter I found almost right at my feet where I stopped. BAM.

I had my groove on for this run because I was motivated to finish. I know I was on similar pace as I am during an official run where I'm motivated by the event and adrenaline and not often by the weather. Once the temps settle in to this kind of chill, my pace will settle, too. But, today was not that day!

It wasn't Elly's day, either, as I swore her off of running until after Halloween to make sure her leg had ample time to heal. I was kind of glad when I couldn't find Jacques last night (remember him?!) ...
Jacques is magnificent!
There he is dressed for Halloween! 2013
 ... because I know how tempting it would have been to bring Elly along today! I'm quite certain he's amidst the Christmas decorations, seeing as his last outing was in his Santa suit (yeahhhh!!!), but my quick scan last night produced no Jacques. He'll break out during the Christmas season, so stay tuned! In the meantime, Elly did greet me after my run with a big ol' Halloween hug!
Okay, it's going to be 24 degrees overnight, so you can guess I'm pretty happy I already planned a Rest Day tomorrow!! I do love the cold, I'm just not yet ready!! I will be checking in, though, so, stay cozy, and I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment