Friday, October 24, 2014

Let's Just Do This So We Can Get To the Weekend!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 168 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 850.7 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 351.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $54.42
 
I know I'm not alone when I say I'm ready call for the weekend to begin!! But, before totally jumping in, there were some things to do today including taking a whirl around some streets!

It was foggy and gray and damp this morning, and I didn't expect any of it! I often enjoy gray days, but I wasn't in the mood today as it was totally uninspiring! I think I was just uninspired in general, though, as I caught myself mid-run trying to remember most of the week. And, just when I decided to start with trying to even remember what I had for dinner last night, I saw that someone wasn't too terribly pleased with theirs ...
From afar, I kept seeing pieces of what turned out to be a
completely smashed, ceramic plate covered in red sauce ...
... complete with the fork. Someone was displeased ...
I've seen a lot of really random or unexpected things while running. This one told a better story (even if I'm completely wrong) than most anything else including when I came upon that bag of pot.

Right after this culinary crime scene, the money scoping went from zero to 38 cents over the next two miles which always inspires me to stay more alert. And, while the scenery on the route did little to nothing for me, I made sure I took it in on the way home:
Today's run didn't feel like the burned-out status I'm sure it sounds. It was exactly the opposite, actually, as it felt like I was gearing up again especially after Wednesday's walkathon! I'm not one to bolt out of any gate, so today's run made some sense. And, so did the ice cold Diet Coke I enjoyed immediately after!

And, now? It's what we've been waiting for ... have a great start to your weekend, and I'll check in from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment