Sunday, October 26, 2014

More Than the Run

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 169 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 853.8 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 351.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $54.42
 
First thing's first: A BIG, HUGE SHOUT OUT to my friend/virtual running partner extraordinaire Mary Kate for completing another Half Marathon!! YAHOO!! SO PROUD OF YOU!! She and I have dreams of running one together, but I have to say I'm glad it wasn't this one because the medal was beer themed. And, I hate beer. But, I love Mary Kate, so bling it up, baby !!!

There wasn't much blingy nor bright and shiny about me this morning when I got up for my run. In fact, I kept putting it off ... and, off ... and, off ... Yeah, it was that kind of morning, and I was all kinds of tired. I even took advantage of the fact that I'm reasonably certain* I'm ahead of the game on my mileage goal, and I altered my route to go 3.1 miles instead of almost 4. I just didn't particularly want to go.
"But I did, mommy!! *sigh*"
* reasonably certain: now, that's good math.

Sorry, surly dog, but I'm still making sure she's actually all better this time instead of fake-out better like I discovered last time I took her out. And, to that end, surly girl stayed home while I headed out.

It was oh-so-very warm this morning. We're talking shorts and short sleeves, no question about it kind of weather. I'm not really down with that at the end of October as I love cool and cold temps, but I decided to enjoy its merits since that's what I was handed. I can't articulate what they were, but I can say it was a perfectly lovely outing.

While out, I saw the redest (is that a word?) mum I've ever seen ...
... and, toward the end of the run, there was that gust of breeze that makes the leaves fall from the trees.
It's impossible to see what was happening, but there were little leaves just showering down. It was like a snow storm. And, it was fabulous. I noticed just how many leaves had fallen in the past few days, and it reminded me of one of my favorite pics from when the young Crewers were even younger:
The run was worth recalling this picture alone! I always start my run for the run; I tend to end it having gotten so much more than that!

Tomorrow, we rest, regroup and launch into another week! Here's to hoping we can all launch with as much enthusiasm as Pit Crew #2 up there! She still does ...

See you tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment