Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Custom Run

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 171 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 861.2 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 351.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $54.63

Okay, so here's how it went down today:

I planned to run four miles, but three sounded much better. So, I did that.

In the first half mile, I ran past a mom and her little one waiting at a bus stop. The boy asked her, "What's she doing?" The mom said, "She's jogging." The boy asked, "Why?" I could only think, "Out of the mouths of babes ..."

Then, a quarter mile later, I saw a used diaper that had been discarded on the side of the road, and I could then only think, "Out of the butts of babes ..."

Soon thereafter, I thought I almost stepped on a baby frog ...
... until further investigation showed it was just a blob of mud.

Ooooo, then I saw this:
It's the tree from yesterday just at a different angle. Sweeeeeeeet stuff, there, Fall!

Today's route was happily altered to accommodate paying our electric bill. I figured if I was going to run past the building, I may as well multi-task.
I bet they loved that I was all sweaty and gross. I kept my distance. And, I definitely remembered to get my receipt.
Always get a receipt. One time, I handed my bill and payment
right to the cashier person, and we ended up with a "Did you
forget to pay your bill?" note in our mailbox. Ummm ... no ...
Fortunately, they believed us and didn't charge us a late fee.
Can you see this penny-picker-upper handling it well if
charged a late fee for something she wasn't late doing? Yowza.
So, the outing was customized, productive and pretty refreshing. 'Not a bad way to start a Wednesday! But, it's not how I'm starting Thursday as it's Rest Day tomorrow! I will check in, though, so I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment