Saturday, November 1, 2014

Wait, WHAT Is Tomorrow?! How'd THAT Happen?

It's not even true. But, it is cute. Had
WalMart had their Halloween Oreos
half off, though, I could have swapped
"candy" with "Oreos," and it would
have been totally true. But, they didn't.
I always have to giggle when the holidays start to creep up, and it seems everyone says something to the effect of, "Holy cow, how is it Christmas is already here?!" You know, as though it doesn't come around on the same day every year or something. Well, the joke's on me every, single year when I can never believe that November begins right after Halloween. Last night I was all, "How is it that tomorrow is November?" Again, like it doesn't come around like that. Like clockwork. Or, like a calendar works ...

At least, unlike the aforementioned and other holidays, the start of November isn't a big event in and of itself requiring oodles of proactive preparation. But, I did start off the month diving right in and taking down and putting away our Halloween goodies all in the same day (*gasp!*). Then, I started placing around items celebrating one of my very favorite holidays ... Thanksgiving! Ahhh ... just the idea of Thanksgiving warms my heart!

Even the dog got into the spirit sporting her new Fall bandana!
Yes, she already has one for Fall. Actually, she has two. Now she has three. Because she needs them.
 
She needed another bandana like I needed this little gem:
I picked it up in a shop chock full of beautiful stained glass pieces the day before running the Cowbell Half. I had to debate for a little bit because it wasn't cheap. We walked away for a while, but (and, I could have predicted) we came back because I knew I'd love it far beyond what it cost. Isn't it fab?!? I do love sun catchers!

It's not going to catch as much sun right now as other times of the year because you know what tomorrow is ... FALL BACK on the ol' clock!! I love the fall back change especially now that everyone in the house can take care of him or herself if they happen to get up at their internal clock times -- as opposed to when they were itty bitty people who could not care less what the actual time was. That was painful, by the way.

I'm thankful for the extra hour tomorrow since I've scheduled myself to run. It's been a long week. Wait ... it's been a long couple of weeks, and I'm ready for this little gift of time to use as a bit of a reset! Enjoy your extra hour, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment