Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Almost Perfect

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 166 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 843.50 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 351.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $53.90
 
Boy, did Elly enjoy her return-to-running this morning ...
"Hey, mommy, remember when I was totally afraid of the
sound dry leaves made when they crunched?! No more!"
... until she didn't. She's been sidelined for a week since tweaking something in her leg last week, but she's spent every day since then dancing around and acting quite normal. It seemed a week was plenty to let her return to the run, especially when I was committed to taking it at only her pace, but, it seems I was wrong. She was good for the first few miles, but the last one was too much, and the limp returned from out of nowhere. So, guess who's back on the sidelines until after Halloween ... Poor baby.
YIKES is right! *sigh*
Um, aside from the return to injury for the poor pooch, the run was really good. Good stash of cash found, perfect weather, good company. Indeed, it was almost perfect.

I carry on tomorrow with Elly at home cheering me which is a whole other way to say pouting. By the way, just as a status check, I realized today I have only 156 miles to go to hit 1,000 ... while I'm happy to see the likelihood of the goal coming to fruition, I can't deny I also had the following thought: "Hey, I think I'm far enough ahead of myself that I can schedule a few extra days off!" Just bein' real!

I'm off to give some extra hugs to my trainer as she rests her leg, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment