Saturday, October 25, 2014

Simple Enough

Happy Saturday!! As you know, I was soooooooo itchin' to get this weekend business started, and it has been all I hoped for! I hope the same is the case for you!

Today has been full of traditions, and we capped our evening off with one I not only love but am thankful we all still dive into ...
It's "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, Game!!!"
I'm pretty certain the game is targeted for the ages of 3-5, but I could not possibly care less! The object is for one of the characters to obtain his or her Halloween costume, collect 5 candy cards and get back to the start before anyone else. Of course, there are ways to steal others' candy, lose what you've obtained and/or draw the "Invitation" card that allows you to bypass the candy requirement. In any of those cases, mayhem ensues, so be careful if you ever play. (Or, if you're Aaron, you draw the "Invitation" card and do the same dance Charlie Brown did when he received his on the show. True story.)

Of course, I could not have introduced this game now and expected it to take hold, but, as we've been playing for years, it's a must when Halloween rolls around!

And, playing by the Snoopy Great Pumpkin lights only adds to the ambiance ...
OF COURSE I have Snoopy Great Pumpkin lights!
It's the simple things. For real, the simple things are exactly what keep life rolling in the most peaceful way!! Traditions are peaceful to me, too. So, this was the perfect evening combo!

Do what paves a way to peace in your daily life, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment