Friday, October 10, 2014

Somethin'-Somethin'

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 160 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 817.4 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 338.6 Money Found For Food Bank: $52.38
So, it was sprinkling when I headed out to run on this fine Friday, but I didn't realize it until I determined it too late to turn back around. And, I wouldn't have really considered turning around except I had Elly with me, and no one likes a wet hound including the hound. Something about the way it was falling (and the fact that the weather report I just watched was all, "No rain even possible around here for another couple of hours." So, perhaps, this was just some unfortunate residual thing? *sigh*) made me feel perfectly comfortable going forth with my outdoor plan. And, I figured if I blew it on my own prediction, I was perfectly confident in my ability to use a towel.

There's nothing like having confidence in such a skill, is there?

Our run was a good one. Elly didn't get too terribly freaked at the traffic we encountered, and she ran strong even though she hasn't gone almost 5 miles in quite some time. She was obedient to me, and I was obedient to my commitment to my goal, and both factors combined for a strong showing this morning.

Even on days like today where I take no issue with getting out there and running, I still like to have that extra somethin'-somethin' as to why I'm doing it. Right now, I'm motivated by that 1,000-mile goal, and that is what got me out there this morning!

Hold on to what inspires you -- especially what inspires you to be your best even when you might not feel like it! No one can tell you what that is, no one gets to define it, and, most definitely, no one gets to assess its worth. All of that gets to be up to you! Make sure you have that little somethin'-somethin', and I'll check in on tomorrow's Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment