Sunday, October 19, 2014

It's a Good Thing I Don't Need Much Of My Brain To Run

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 165 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 838.7 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 346.50 Money Found For Food Bank: $53.63
 
How is it that the more active a kid is in organized activities, the more sedentary the adults are as they support and cheer? I am super-in-touch with this notion today, and my butt is none too happy about it. I'm just sayin'.

I'm also saying that if I didn't have a mileage goal I want to hit for the year, I would not have gone running today. No ifs, ands or buts, that is exactly what made me roll out of bed after a really draining day yesterday! And, thanks to yesterday, my butt let me know it wasn't too terribly happy about running today. Fair enough, neither was I!

Oh, and then there are my feet. Now, my feet are totally fine as far as yesterday is concerned, but I was only a mile into the run when they got on the crabbin' wagon. All I could think was how I need new shoes (which is totally true), only to come home and see the following picture ...
... and realize I was so mentally exhausted that I didn't realize I'd put on and ran with the wrong shoes. Oh, and there is no point in time, from putting them on to taking them off to any time in between, where I realized it. It took seeing the picture. Oh, and those shoes are not cut out for running anymore. Gee, I wonder why my feet hurt?

How many times am I going to use the word 'realize' in two sentences? I think my brain is still quite tired ...

That picture would have been captioned, "Well, if you're gonna hand it to me ..." as I had come across a random spray of coins (sweet!!). That caption got trumped by, "Hey, 'wonder why your feet hurt, fool!"

In other initial ideas that went to the wayside, I would like to report that I came across a pair of scissors while running, too. They were just right there next to a sidewalk, and I thought to myself, "Oh my gosh how funny would it be if I brought them with me and then said I was literally running with scissors!" only to immediately think, "Oh my gosh that's the stupidest idea ever," and I left them where they were. See? There was one wise idea this morning!

It took me exactly as long to finish this run as I planned, but that means I used my time plus my built-in buffer time. I'm saying it was pretty slow. I'm also saying I'm impressed I could actually get through it at all, so I have nothing to be bummed about. Except for my sore feet. I am bummed about that because they didn't deserve such treatment. But, now they and my butt have similar things to talk about. Like, how much they hate me.

And, tomorrow? We rest! I'll check in then ... enjoy the rest of Sunday however you're spending it!

No comments:

Post a Comment