Thursday, October 23, 2014

House Keeping

It's almost Friday!! Wheeeeee! I hope your Thursday was spent exactly the way you wanted!! Mine most certainly was!! My morning was full of more fun than I probably deserved but I took anyway, my afternoon was full of minimal-but-necessary accomplishment as I welcomed family home one by one, and the evening is meant for some chill time ... ahhhh ...

The running topic slipped into mind today for only a wee bit in terms of upcoming plans and decisions. First, the Thanksgiving Virtual Cupcake run was cancelled due to low registration, but that opened up two other virtual run possibilities I am now pondering. And, you can bet my ultimate decision is going to come down to the medal -- I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm hesitating is because one of the races is for a great cause, and the one with the awesome medal, well, I'm not even sure where the money goes, but CHECK OUT THE MEDAL!
Suhhh-weeeeeeet ... You can have one for yourself if you check out the race here!

My intention was to run a virtual 10K. But, hey, if this says 5, then I might just have to follow direction. hahahaha For real, who wouldn't want a medal with a turkey that over ate on it?!

In random info, I really don't like pie. But, I do like the medal.

Why am I acting like I don't know what run I'm doing when I totally dig that fat turkey?!?!

I also like the new Snoopy fabric I found at the store today!
It's perfect for Elly's Spring fashion, don'tcha think? My friend Cindy was with me upon finding, and she agreed also noting how smashing Elly looks in orange. She's totally right, so I HAD to buy it.

OH. In OTHER running news, I made my final decision about my April Half aspirations, and I'm headed back to the GO! St. Louis race!! I'm pretty stoked about it, too! You might remember I was debating between that one and the Rock the Parkway Half, both of which are on the same weekend in 2015, so I actually had to choose instead of picking by default the one that landed on an open-for-us weekend. I actually made my final decision while in route running in the Cowbell Half as I listened to a number of people around me talking about their past races, many of whom were complaining about how much the GO course sucks. The logistical points they made were totally valid, but I didn't feel their pain. And, something about that made me feel good.

Don't get me wrong, I've done my fair share of complaining about it. But it's nothing that has made me say, "Oh, hell no, not that one again!" (RTP will forever be in bitter question for a return because I was not alone in feeling duped over the not-actually-flat-but-we're-saying-it-is course billing; at least the GO people are all, "Yeah, there's this 2-mile uphill portion that blows, but, heads up, you know what you're signing on for." I can respect the honesty!). I can also respect how I feel when I'm at the top. Total Stud. Everyone who gets to the top of their affectionately named Holy Hill is. Just sayin'.

SO. The upcoming races house keeping is pretty clean right now. At least for today. And, tomorrow? It's time to keep running ... see you after ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment