Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Three Down, Thirteen To Go

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 157 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 794.7 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 333.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $52.18

Helloooooooo, October!!!! This is my all-time favorite month! I love it all, so what better way to start it off than with a little morning run? Forget that the run was scheduled, and I didn't plan it this way ... it was, indeed, a happy coincidence!

A little homage to the pups today ...
I did bring Elly today. I could say I did so to celebrate the alleged National Walk Your Dog week or whatever, and I could also say it was the perfect way to wrap up the training schedule seeing as she is my original trainer. But, there was nothing poetic about it; I just took her. Aside from her periodic spastic movements from the oh-so-scary traffic and her abrupt stop right in front of me causing me to run my shin right in to her hip (and, she didn't even flinch because she'd frozen solid - busses are scary), I was happy to have her tag along. I would have been less happy had her bus-capade sent me over the top of her. Just sayin'.

For whatever and some unknown reason, today's run felt a million times better than yesterday's. I'm not certain as to why, but I have a hunch that runs following two days off are actually more laborious than are those following one or even none. That's not to say there shouldn't be resting because that's just physiologically necessary. I am saying I might need to be more mindful of what to expect following two days down as opposed to one. I think that whole inertia thing is at play here ...

Whatever it is, today's run was a good one and a nice way to wrap up the training miles before the big run Sunday!! It's too bad I remembered my camera but not its memory card because the sunrise was gorgeous! A sky splashed with lavenders and pinks radiating from the intensity of the yellow, orange and red surrounding the sun? Ahhhhhhhh ... talk about true eye candy!!!!

Have a great start to your October!! I'll check in over the next few days leading up to the main event!! In the meantime, don't forget to walk your dog. Or, don't. Whatever.
Dog turd pic from Rock 103's Facebook page
What my dog teaches me from Paws and Pavement Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment