Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Reflection Of All That Is Me

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 170 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 858.2 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 351.3 Money Found For Food Bank: $54.61
 
I've often said my running is a total reflection of my life. Somehow, it's the one thing that pulls together, in one place and at one time, everything about what makes me up, and then it spits out the result for all to see. That's been both good and bad, but who's keeping score?

I thought about this notion today as I set out on my run. My back issue from yesterday was better this morning, but it still lingers. I can't decide if that particular spot on my back is a release to peace or my personal portal to hell. I'd prefer the former, and would further prefer the process speed up and send the stress a'steppin' ... Anyway, given how I was feeling, I did question what running would do to my back: make it better, or make it worse. But, even though I wondered, there was no question I was going to try. And, there is most certainly a day when I wouldn't have even considered going for fear of making it worse further fearing what that would mean for how I'd feel the rest of the week, what I would or wouldn't be able to do, blah blah and BLAH. That Nancy lived uber-conservatively which is a cover story for fear of (fill in the blank). Whether it worked for me at the time or not is irrelevant: It doesn't work anymore. So, today, I hit the streets.

There was quite a wind biting at my fingers, but it was a beautiful morning. I'm glad I didn't miss it! And, from the onset, my back felt perfectly fine to take on the run, so there was no worry there. In fact, the more I move, the better it feels, so running was probably the best decision I could have made. I wound up walking a stint or two to restart after waiting for traffic lights or from picking up a few scattered pennies. I could have immediately jumped back into pace, but I didn't have to. So, I didn't. Ohhh the power I wield ...

I also just stood and looked at this scene because it's one of my favorite spots around here:
 
And, I certainly enjoyed seeing these ...
... even though I couldn't help but think they look like they're trying to bust out of jail.

Tomorrow morning holds another run wrapped in the promise of another beautiful morning. I'll be out there! And, I'll check in after ... see you then ...


No comments:

Post a Comment