Thursday, October 2, 2014

I Can and I Will

Aaaaaand, it's Rest Day!! For real, though, it's been a righteously busy one, so there wasn't much resting going on! However, amidst my crazed duties has lived an undercurrent of it's almost race dayyyy !! WAHOO!! I can't stop thinking about it! I even came across some pics (thanks to the Natalie Dee page ... totally cracks me up) that depict how I think things will go down this weekend. Ready?

We begin with the obvious starting line sentiment:


When one competes only with oneself, one wins and does, indeed, whoop some ass!

The race will begin, and can I just tell you how much I wish this were on the back on my shirt with blinking lights surrounding it?
I probably have no room to talk because I did stop cold during the first mile in a Half to pick up some money a few years ago. "But, that's entirely different!" she lied.

And, then I will run and I will run and I will run and I will run and I will gasp and I will run and I will run and I will spill some water down my face because I missed my mouth and I will run and I will run and I will note the money I see but not stop because it's so rude to do so with people behind me and I will run and I will run and I will wonder why I keep signing up for these and I will run and I will run and I will start to really stink and I will run and I will wonder why I can't see Mile 13 when I passed Mile 12 a million hours ago and I will run and I ... will ... finish!!

At which point ...
Sweet.

I seriously can't wait!! Let the road to the finish line commence!!! Here we gooooooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment