Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Who Just Woke Me Up and WHY?!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 156 Nancy's 2014 Mileage: 791.1 Elly's 2014 Mileage: 330.2 Money Found For Food Bank: $52.12

'Tis the season for big ol' spider webs
to be hanging from almost every limb
and light post!!
When my alarm clock (aka: Aaron) woke me up this morning, I had absolutely no idea why I was being awakened much less what I was supposed to do with myself. I think I thought it was Saturday. Clearly, I was wrong. My brain didn't feel like it was pulling together, but I did realize that if I was getting up, I was also supposed to run, and I trusted that doing so would bring the pieces of the morning together!

I was totally right, too. Running usually gets my muscles going, but, today, it gave me time to wake up and shake out my brain! In fact, my brain was so in need of such attention that the run itself was pretty lame. I covered the distance, but it ranked low on the effort meter! That kind of run works out great if your name is Elly, though! That's her kind of pace giving her all sorts of license to explore and try to take charge!
Oh, sure. Make me look bad by running
on the sidewalk while I'm on the street.
Nice.
The run was not completely without merit. In addition to having gone at all (you know I'm a big subscriber to 'all miles count'), check out what I found!
When's the last time you saw dollar coins?! Ba-da-BING!!
I only have one short run remaining before the Half! Whee!! Given today's lack of solid physical exertion, I was considering leaving Elly at home for tomorrow's 3 miles. Then I saw on Facebook that tomorrow starts National Dog Walking Week, and I thought to myself, "Now, how could I leave her behind on such a day?" THEN I thought, "Why in the world does a 'week' start on a Wednesday?" and decided I'll just decide in the morning if she's coming based on my mood!

"I'm certain your mood will be that you
cannot wait to have your training
companion with you ... right, mommy?!"
Three more miles tomorrow! I'll check in after as we head into the home stretch! See you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment