Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Just One

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 1 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 1 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 1 Money Found For Food Bank: $3.74

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! I hope it has been a great start to the year for you!! Every day matters, so why not count the first one? Ours got off on totally the right foot, literally and figuratively, which followed a really fun evening!

As I mentioned, I totally fueled my system with the best running food ever (hahahahaha) as we had our annual appetizer-for-dinner meal while watching Happy New Year, Charlie Brown (would you expect something different?!). We all look forward to that meal because it's chock full of all of the year's no's! Pit Crew #3 was particularly anxious for me to sit down and say our prayers, so he provided us with an imitation of Uncle Lewis on Christmas Vacation  when he commanded "the blessiiiiinnnngg."
Can't you hear him?
VERY funny if you're a fan of the movie ... move along if you're not or haven't seen it!

We did a good job taking care of the business of eating ...
... and, of napping off the meal ...
... and, of having fun!
If you're Elly, your fun was in your persistence to find out just
what the new and exciting smells were, so you'd by trying to
cram your snout into someone's mouth instead of taking a nice,
calm picture!
We ate, we viewed, we played games ... it was excellent!

And, this morning, as committed, we ran! And, by "we" I mean Aaron, Elly and myself. It was just a mile, but it was perfect in its pace, distance and company! Shoot, without Aaron with me, how would I have known that what I thought looked like a sad display was actually the morning after a New Year's celebration?
I felt much better knowing this was sleeping off a hangover.
Which is weird. Given its Rudolph and pals ...
Neither Aaron nor myself were especially stoked about getting up and out, but it felt soooooo  good when we were finished! Just one mile. That's all it took to get the ball rolling in the right direction with the afterward feeling fabulous! This 2014 commitment to intentionally moving every, single day may be a pain in the can some days, but it's going to feel very, very good! Most days. (ha!)

We hope your day also started off on the right foot whatever that looked like! The end of ours looked like this ...
I'm not sure Aaron was looking at much
of anything ... how could he?! You
gotta love glasses fog ...
We'll see you again tomorrow after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment