Saturday, January 11, 2014

Anything Is Everything

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 8 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 14.8 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 5 Money Found For Food Bank: $4.49

Many times I have said, "If you want to understand my life, watch me run." Last night while watching The Biggest Loser, Dolvett said, "How you do anything is how you do everything."

I call that a Great Minds moment. I was so glad to hear he agreed with me (ha!).
"That's right, mommy! You are very wise."
It's a great principle when you think about it. For me, it is most definitely true that once I applied the focus and drive I have for my life as a whole to my running that I finally succeeded at an activity I failed at many, many times prior. Every strategy I've ever used for anything to keep going forward, to get over adversity, to work an issue until I made it work for me ... all of it goes into every step.
"You said it, mommy. I don't suffer from delusions of grandeur.
I am just that awesome at everything I do."
Running was never my problem; I was! Understanding how much control I actually have over my own endeavors is totally empowering!

Today's mile with Aaron felt great! I'll check in tomorrow with a report as to how empowered the first-thing-in-the-morning run went! See you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment