Friday, January 24, 2014

Sometimes, It's Best To Listen and Believe

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 17 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 48.3 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 35 Money Found For Food Bank: $8.38

I have to concede that I probably should have just completely planned on running inside today. I mean, I thought about it. I even planned on running most of the distance inside. I just wanted that one, little, teensy-weensie mile outside.

Well, I got what I wanted. But, boy, was it miserable!! I wasn't even a quarter mile into that mile when one of my thumbs was numb. Numb. Totally and completely numb at the top of it. I tucked it into my fist and under my sleeve which helped ... except it didn't help the other one. So, that hand received the same treatment, but holy runny nose, it was somethin' out there! Unlike the other day when I was going to do one and then kept going because I warmed up, there was no question today that staying out there was just dangerous, and I made that mile go by quick.

I wanted to wrap it up as quick as possible, too, as I didn't know if a dog's nose and human skin are similar in the danger zone. I think she's more protected, but it can't be by much when the wind chill plummets the temps. I was stoked to get out of it (with 31 cents in hand just sayin'). And, Elly's nose was fine:
"Here, I'll check it for you, mommy. Slllluuuurrrp!! Seems
just fine! Now, here's a lick for you ..."
I came home to finish up the running on the ol' treadmill ...
... while Elly couldn't get enough of following Lizzy around and sniffing her because Lizzy had just come from her annual show everyone who the most bad-a*% cat in the world is check up at the vet:
Elly is saying, "You smell weird," while
Lizzy is saying, "If I have to turn around,
I am going to knock. you. out. I told the
vet what was what; I'll show you!"
She's so obnoxious at the vet that it's almost embarrassing. But, I digress.

Thanks to the DVR and motivated by the desire to not lose any extremities to frost bite, 3 more miles were cranked out in relative peace and ease. Not too shabby for a Friday. May yours have started out and continue on in a similar, steady groove, and I'll check in after tomorrow's whatever-I-do!

No comments:

Post a Comment