Saturday, January 4, 2014

Wouldn't Miss It

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 4 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 4 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 4 Money Found For Food Bank: $3.74

Doesn't it figure that on the warmest morning of the new year, Aaron's schedule didn't allow him to join me out and about for our morning mile?!

This morning's 29 degrees felt like a heat wave. For real. I totally overdressed. This wasn't my only distraction this morning, though. Others included: wanting to get on with the plans of the day because they were fun; still kind of wrestling with the do something every day thing (because it's new and doesn't yet have a natural place, not because I don't want to do it); feeling the effects of some holiday eating, and wishing I could sleep in!

At the same time, I love getting out there and going.

Besides, I get to see things I'd otherwise miss if I weren't out running. Like this:
Complete with snow-covered rooftops ... awesome!
There are sights that come and go so fast you miss 'em if you blink, so I most definitely would miss them if I weren't out there. I'm thankful for those quick moments of time!

I'm also thankful that all of my grumblings, misgivings or low drive have everything to do with choice and attitude and not that I'm unable. I think about that while I'm out there, too. In between sighs that I didn't sleep as late as I wanted. Just being real.

Tomorrow? That'll be interesting. It's supposed to snow ... and not the kind of snow and temperature I can run in! We'll see what comes, and then I'll decide what to do with what I'm handed. Until then, all of my fingers are crossed for the snow because we love it! I'll check in tomorrow ... stay warm! I know that's not going to be very easy for most of us tomorrow ...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment