Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Trifecta Of Tired

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 5 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 7 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 4 Money Found For Food Bank: $3.74

I didn't know a treadmill run could feel so good, but this morning's sure did. After two days of not running (the issue of rest needed aside) and four days of some tricky-weather miles, it was nice to get a groove on and keep it going! And, I am going to mention that, last night, it crossed my mind that today's three would be tough because I have it stuck in my head that if I stop moving, I'll loose everything I've built up and have to start from zero. I get how illogical that is, but it just shows I haven't completely shaken all of my own self doubt of years ago. I can get over them a lot faster these days (a whole lot faster), but I have to admit, they're still way back there in my brain. I know I'm not alone there; I wanted to make sure you knew you weren't, either.

Anyway, this morning's run (and accompanying television watching -- score!) felt great. I got my sweat on, my new shoes seem to be breaking in nicely, and I felt accomplished. 'Great way to start the day!

The activity for the day didn't stop there, though, as the driveway needed to finally be shoveled. Can I just mention that no matter how great I feel about myself, shoveling snow manages to make me feel like a big, huge weenie? Good golly, I was just tired by the end of it. Shoveling: Eating a Slice of Humble Pie ...

But, my state of weariness did not stop me from taking a number of passes down our sledding hill with Pit Crew #2!!
She always works hard and does a great job making a path and barrier walls for our sledding pleasure and safety!
She's a hard worker who works smart ... her method to get
extra snow down the hill where she needs it for the 'let's not
run into that tree' wall? A saucer sled, of course!
We didn't get packing snow this time, so the path isn't especially fast, but it was still a lot of fun!
I didn't sled as long as I would have liked as the running-shoveling-sledding trifecta finally wore me out! But, it was a  lot of fun. Oh, and during our adventures down the hill, PC#2 found yellow snow as contributed by a squirrel. It was under the tree we work to avoid running into -- clearly having come from above. And, it made us laugh. A lot. No picture, though; I retain a modicum of class now and then!

Tomorrow's run is going to be outside. Somewhere, somehow, I'm out there! I've been patient, and now I'm ready to move forward and make it happen! I'll check in tomorrow and let you know how it went! See you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment