Thursday, January 30, 2014

Relentless

It's been a long time since I've felt a bit "eh" about running, but I found myself there for most of this morning. It's due to my leg still hurting coupled with being really irritated about the fact that it still hurts. And, from kicking a rut in the ground? Something seems very unjust here! (Continuing the unjust theme: while I am glad it's a scheduled Rest Day from running, I did do my weights then restocked our wood supply for our wood burning stove. That's not restful. I couldn't help but think I need to milk this hurt-leg thing a bit more than I am ...!) Anyway, there's no question I will continue with what I've scheduled especially since I'm at the very beginning of the training gig where the miles are much shorter. It just stinks that tomorrow's run, for instance, is foreseeably not going to be as fun as I usually have. *sigh*

But, while I was working to resist the rather subdued mood I have wrapped around tomorrow morning's run, I came across this on the Barking Mad About Running Facebook page ...
... and, I felt a little spark!

I just loved the word relentless. It captured exactly  the way I was feeling when I turned the calendar page and knew race season was about to begin. I have been excited about April's Half since registering last Fall because I know exactly what I'm capable of doing as long as I keep going the way I did in 2013. I was (am) also excited to have registered for the Half in May with full confidence of turning the schedule around to do another so quickly after the one in April -- unlike last year when I had to wait and see if I would be ready ... or the year before when I realized I wasn't. That Spring one-two punch has been something I've been stoked  about for months.

Stupid Rut On the Trail Makin' My Leg Hurt!!!!

I have plenty of time for recovery and, again, am so very thankful this happened at the beginning of the schedule and not any other later time. But, that thankfulness wasn't getting me very far. Seeing the picture above, however, is relighting the fire!

It's an awesome pic and all, but it's also a little dark in the creepy sort of way in my opinion. Very Twilight. So, in a small effort to counter the dark with the super-sweet, you need to see the continuation of my love of looking at conversation hearts as displayed around the abode ...
Of course they go all the way around the window ...!!
Nothing is safe ...
Since Sunday when I first nailed that rut, my mind has been racing back and forth between the part of this ouchie that totally sucks and how it's holding me back and the relentless* grab for motivation and positivity to get back in full swing of the game. (* 'Seems that since I can't be relentless in motion, it went to my brain to do something about what's in my way. To know me is to know how much that makes total sense, by the way.) Maybe, just maybe, the scales are about to tip the direction I want them to go!! Tomorrow's the first test of the upgraded mindset! I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment